This half-day course is designed for an organization’s senior management, senior cybersecurity professionals, and program managers. This course is positioned as a mid-level introduction to cybersecurity as it explores using a systems approach to cybersecurity within a complex system as part of a project or program management effort. This course is exportable and can be provided at a client site.
Overall Proficiency Level: 1 – Basic
Course Prerequisites: None
Training Purpose: Management Development
Specific Audience: All
- Develop foundational knowledge of principles of information security and the nature of cyber defense
- Understand current US Government, Department of Defense, and Industry policy regarding the implementation of cybersecurity efforts in acquisition programs
- Understand how system engineering processes are effectively applied to securing complex, connected systems
- Develop an understanding of the link between enterprise architecture and business processes
- Understand the processes for evaluating threats and risk
The materials within this course focus on the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) identified within the Specialty areas listed below. Visit the interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework
to view Specialty Area details.
- Information Assurance Compliance
- Systems Requirements Planning
- Systems Security Architecture